Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 32

Today was a sit ad wait day-just sit and wait to see if her fever went beyond the 100's. Gratefully it didn't. her energy was up and down all day, but she is still complaining about lower stomach pain and it is hard to walk. When I hold my hands out to carry her- we now call it the mommy chair.
You know that saying "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers"? Well, that is so not me. I can't stand crackers in my bed, or any crumbs at all! Now, I find Ella and I eating every meal in my bed- including lots of crackers!  I love that she finds my bed so comforting, so do I. Give me a cool fall day, an open window and a down comforter and I am a happy camper.
So now what? We wait. I call the Dr. again in the am and just wait and see. If she was a healthy child- no big deal, just a little fever. But since she is not we wait and hope that the fever doesn't go over 101 again.
Thanks for all your prayers while we were in the ER last night.
I don't know that I have ever been this exhausted in my life.

Steve completed his 9th marathon today! YEA!@!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying for a simple fever that has run it's course. Your husband may be running marathons but so my dear, are you.

    Try to pace yourself, take care of yourself and take a few minutes for yourself every day. You won't be able to help your daughter if you are run down and sick.

    Easy to say I'm sure but from everything I've read, it seems you have a wonderful pool of close people just waiting to be able to help in any small way. Taking 15-20 minutes for yourself will help you recharge and make you even stronger for your little one.

    Take care and keep staying strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true... take care of yourself so you will be there when Ella needs you. This is a beautiful picture of Ella. Even though her face has changed from the medications she is a truly beautiful girl. May God continue to hold you in his hands!

    ReplyDelete