Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 20


The further away from chemo day we are- the better she is. Today was a great day for Ella. She wanted to start her "school" as soon as Josh left today, she couldn't wait. She has so much energy between 5am-9am.
A friend visited today, and broke down in tears when she saw Ella. She said the pictures didn't really show just how different she looks. I'm afraid that Ella's little friends will be afraid of her after she has lost her hair because she will look so different. Not to mention that she is missing out on the day-to-day activities that all her other friends are doing- Awanas or karate class with her brother. I think it is a lot to ask a 4 or 5 year old to accept that kind of change- when most of the time as adults we can't accept it.
Looking forward to tomorrow being another good day for Ella.

Took this one of Ella 10 days before she was diagnosed.
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Sheera,
    Tonight when I was putting Jake & Jazi to bed, we sang "He's got the whole world in his hands..." and we sang "He's got Ella VanGheem in his hands..." ... because... He does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton of resources sitting around my house from when I taught kindergarten. I taught special ed so a lot of it was good for younger kids as well. Let me know if you want go over what I have. You can use what I have for as long as you want.

    ReplyDelete