Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 18


Ella had a pretty good day today. She had good energy in the morning and asked to go play bubbles with Rachel. By 1pm she was completely exhausted and fell asleep on the couch, wrapped in 3 of her favorite blankies. She is definitely a blankie girl. I had to sneak them away from her this morning to give them a quick wash! She went to bed early and her tummy ached most of the afternoon. She was too tired for a bath, but she really needed her hair washed, so I got in the tub and let her lay on my belly while I washed her hair. Then I just kept pouring water down her back. She said it reminded her of how it felt in a "hot pool" (that's a hot tub in Ella speak).

Something is sticking with me today. When Ella was first diagnosed, one of the nurses said "No dreams should be lost for this child". Even thought I had not verbalized it, in my head, I had already built up bigger dreams for her- stronger dreams. In my head she was making her first address as Madame President of the United States of America! I guess in my head I was already picturing her as stronger than I ever had. Tonight we read a story about Sacajawea and how she helped Lewis and Clark. I told Ella that Sacajawea was a brave warrior- just like she is.

Night Night All.
Love-Katie

3 comments:

  1. Night Night Princess Ella and her strong mama bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine how you feel but I can tell you that I see strength and so much love in every single word you post.

    Stay strong and know that people you've never even met are praying for your beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete