Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 108


Kids Choir! Morgan, Ella and Josh are in the front row, last 3 on the right,
 Ella had a good day today. It is SOOO cold outside- 11degrees. We did some homework and started reading a Beverly Cleary book today. She let me put her hair up in a piggie today. I know she only has a few weeks left with hair. I want to try to prepare her for that, but I don't really know how to. Her "BFF" Morgan made her a wig last week. I thought it was the sun with big golden rays, but it was a wig with long blonde hair. How sweet is that. Her BFF also asked her mom to cut her hair sure short since Ella won't have any soon anyway.

I can't tell you how much I love these kids. I worked for our church in the children's ministry for a while, and have been watching these kids grow for over 4 years. I know so many of them and have had the rare opportunity to see their hearts. Just can't even tell you how much I love these kids. It was awesome to get to spend the past few weeks with them. One of the girls didn't want to stay in the morning, so I made her my "Special Friend" for the day. She was glued to me. A few times, I looked down to realize she was still holding my hand. Anyway- Just loved it.

Tonight, Ella said she was scared to go to sleep. I snuggled with her a few times, and asked her why she was scared- She said she "just was". I asked her again, and she said she didn't want to be alone. On her wall I have hanging in a square patten pictures of her family and friends. We went through and named everyone and I told her they were all in her heart so she was never alone. That worked for about 2 minutes. Ahhh.

Our Prayers go out to our friend Katie tonight who is having surgery in the am.

Blessings~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment