Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday May 30th, 2011

Happy Memorial Day. Hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends this weekend, and took time to remember those who are serving, and have served.
Thanks for you patience, sorry this post is late.
Ella and Josh had a great weekend. they got to play in Wisconsin with their cousins all weekend, and they were just go, go, go! We went up on Friday and took our time, going through Madison. It was a really nice "family" weekend. Steve and I ran a quarter Marathon on Sunday and got to hike a bit through Devils Lake. The cousins just played all weekend. They went to the movies, park, had a Lemonade stand at Auntie Becky's.  This is probably the only time I wish we had about 4 more kids. When I see them all together and we gather all 10 of us around Grandma's table to eat together, then I want more kids.

Ella had clinic on Monday. This was not one of her better days. She had a procedure scheduled so she was not allowed to eat. She threw up in the car on the way to clinic, and cried. Grandpa switched places with me and drove to clinic so I could sit in back with Ella. When we got to clinic they were busy! Her labs came back good, labs are always a concern especially after traveling. The only count that was a bit off was her liver, so they are just going to keep an eye on it. While we were waiting for Dr. Sarvida to come in and do Ella's spinal, she fell asleep on my lap.
As soon as her spinal was done, she threw up again. So they finished her IV chemo and we stayed at clinic longer to make sure she got some anti-nausea meds before we left. She didn't eat much the rest of the day, then around 8pm, right when she had to have her meds on an empty stomach, she said she was "Starving". Oh, steroids started again yesterday. She she was up until 10pm last night so we could time her meds out and she could eat.

She is doing much better today. She still seems tired, but better. Her little body went through a lot yesterday.
If you are in the Schaumburg area, please join us at Noodles and Company on Thursday between 12-4pm for the Cancer Butt Kickers Fund Raiser! Leave me a message here and I'll email you the flier you need to take with you. If you bring it in, they will donate 25% of the sales to our Relay for Life Team- Cancer Butt Kicker, Kickn' for Ella and Carrie!

Blessings~Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    Can you please send me the link to your Relay for Life Team. Kevin and I would like to make a donation. We are amazed by Ella's strength and I continue to pray for her.

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. Thanks for keeping track of Ella's progress. I just read your blog. I love your honesty.
    I just re-posted the link to both the Realy and Cure Search.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete