Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 15- Chemo at the clinic


We got up this morning with a family game plan for the day. Feed Ella, Steve would go for a run, feed Ella again, wake up Josh, feed Ella and Josh, get ready to go to the Outpatient Clinic for Chemo at 10am for about 1.5hrs, feed Ella, daddy gets ready for work, and everyone out the door. Hey- if Ella was feeling well, we were even going to make a pit stop at the zoo before we headed home.

One of my favorite saying is "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him you have a plan!". Ella woke up at 3am hungry. Steve went for his run. Josh woke up sick. This meant no clinic for him and no work for daddy. Ella and I went to clinic. Turns out her red counts were low, so she needed a blood transfusion. Turns out this is not a quick process. It took 2 hours to get the blood up to the clinic and another 3hrs to do the transfusion. Then she still had to have her treatment. We were there from 9.45 till 5.05pm. It was a long day for everyone- especially Ella. Her white count is also under 1 which means she is very susceptible to getting an infection. So we have to do our best to keep her away from Josh, who just has a virus and can't really be given anything. I am mentally and physically drained, and I know this isn't even the hardest part. LORD GIVE US STRENGTH! For tonight, I am hoping pancakes and a big glass of milk will do.

HUGE WIN FOR TODAY!!!!!!Her Dr. told me that they were looking for her bone marrow from last week to be under 5%, she was already under 1%. This is the same test they will due on day 29. If it still comes back under 1% she will be in remission and a rapid responder.....Praise GOD! It was a good thing he told me this early in the day, because I think it was all that got me through the final hour as she had chemo. I still blink the tears back as that clear liquid is dripping into her chest. She sat there watching Strawberry Shortcake, and I watched it drip. I suppose I will be numb to it soon enough- but not yet.

Love you all, thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! 1% that is so wonderful! She is a strong little girl....lots of love coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, Katie! Still keeping up with you every day and thinking about all of you constantly. All our love!! The Ordes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop. I check in everyday hoping for continued good news. All our love and hope. The Breitzmans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news for you all! Hoping Josh feels better soon and Ella doesn't get his virus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRAISE, PRAISE PRAISE!!!!!! CONTINUED PRAYERS COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete