Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday August 26th, 2012- 2 years

Ella 8/27/10
Two years ago my daughter Ella was diagnosed with Leukemia. To be honest, this morning when I woke up, the last thing on my mind was the anniversary of her diagnosis. I can not believe it has been two years. There are enough thoughts and feelings swirling around my head right now, I think I could fill a book.
  
Ella today

Right now she is sound asleep on the couch.  She fell asleep early and we don't want to move her for fear that she will wake up and not fall back to sleep.  The past few days she has not been sleeping well- thank you higher chemo and steroids! I will be so glad when she is done. We were running low on her steroids and Steve wasn't sure if we would have enough to finish this dose.  I told him "Good, I don't want to give it to her anymore so I don't care."  We had a good 10 second stare-down before I flinched and gave in. I'm just so sick of putting this crap into her body. Come on 62 days!
Ella right now



Just one more plug for Cure Search. Please come walk with us, or help us find a cure by donating at Cure Search- Ella .Steve and I are the photographers this year for the walk, so I will be posting photos again this year. We are also hosting a bake sale at the Loyola Medical College this week to help raise funds. I hope those medical students like sweets!

Thank you all for 2 years of following us, prayers, and positive feedback.  Ella is old enough now to read all the notes you leave on here, so feel free to leave her a message.
Blessings~Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just letting you know that I posted about Ella on 8/31 and used a few of those lovely photos you authorized us to use (giving you full credit, of course.)

    Be blessed! It's an honor to "know" you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I just saw this today. We were out of town and celebrating our 10year wedding anniversary.
      I swear the next time I drive through Georgia, I'm stopping at Grady! The last 2 times we drove through I asked my hubby if it would be weird just to stop and say hi!
      Thank you for all your kind words.
      With Gratitude,
      Kate

      Delete