Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cure Search

In September of 2010 I attended my first Cure Search Walk.  Ella had just been diagnosed 11 days earlier and my head was still spinning with everything our family was attempting to comprehend.  At the walk, I listened to the words for "Black Bird" being sung in the opening ceremony and cried like a baby. I looked around at all the kids that were fighting for their lives and saw the parents standing behind them and holding them and wondered if there was any way I was going to be able to do this.

In September of 2011, I attended again, and this time I tearfully watched my friend release a balloon into the air in memory of the son that he lost.

This shouldn't happen. Please, help us make sure it stops.  Every day, 36 children are diagnosed with children's cancer – 7 of these children will not survive. Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children. Although the cure rate is now 78% – up by 40% in the last 20 years – it is not good enough. Our goal is a 100% cure rate.  Please consider walking or donating to help us defeat cancer.  The walk is family friendly, so bring the kids!

We thank you in advance for your support!
Cure Search Donations/Sign-up

Blessings~Katie



1 comment:

  1. Kate, I've been behind reading your posts. This one made me sob like a big baby. Today in clinic a little boy was diagnosed with the same cancer as Noah and I sat behind the curtain with Kennedy and cried as I heard Dr. Sarvita explaining the next steps to the family. That balloon breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete