Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 97

Ella- May 2009 Her 3rd Birthday
We were on fever watch today for Ella. Last night she had a late night temp of 100.3. It wavered all morning, and around 2 was down to 99.3. Tonight 99. So thank you all for praying for Ella. Fevers are so scary for us. We have no idea where hew counts are after this last round of chemo or how the increased dosage will effect her body. I'm just so happy that it is going away. I knew she was feeling better when she asked for pizza and popcorn with all the flavorings for dinner.

I was listening to the radio in the car this weekend, happily singing and dancing to some song on the radio. When the song was over this commercial came on that just kept saying "Your child has Leukemia". They said it about 3 or 4 times before the hospital made their point. I couldn't tell you which hospital or group it was. I was too busy telling them off. I was so angry at them for ruining my 5 minutes of normal time. I know it is for a good cause, but I am living it everyday, and when I take 5 minutes to escape it and go grocery shopping with my headphones on- I don't want to hear about it. But, that made me think. I hear about so many other deadly diseases so often, but not about childhood cancers. Maybe it is because it is too sad. Maybe we can't think about something that painful so often?

I was in the car driving home from the store when Steve called me with the Doctors news. My phone doesn't get coverage in the back of Costco, so I missed the call and the Dr. called Steve instead of me. I think that was God's way of protecting me. I don't think I could have handled that phone call in the store. I don't think I could have heard the news from anyone other than Steve. I think about that phone call often. I think about it every time I drive down Randall towards Costco. I pulled over to talk to Steve. I just remember saying "No, No, NO!"  Not my baby, not my child. But, yes. My child has Leukemia, and I don't need the radio to remind me!

Nigh Night.
Blessings~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment