Total Pageviews

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day Two- The Diagnosis Confirmation


Ella woke up this morning crying. She would only say "I want to go home!" I felt the same way. At 9am they had me carry her into the treatment room. They do all the "Treatments in a small room FILLED with medical equipment. It scared me, so I know it scared her. She just held on to me and hid her head in my chest. She asked me to sing to her. Our night time song is Sentimental Reasons. I sang to her until she was asleep. I had to leave the room as they did the Spinal Tap and Bone Marrow Aspiration. The thought of them drilling into her hip- I just didn't think I could keep it together in front of the 4 students watching the procedure, the nurse, technician, and Dr.

I stepped out of the room and lost it. My body actually heaved. One of the nurses came over and held me. The staff here has been very nice.

By 2:30pm they confirmed that Ella has A.L.L. Leukemia. They went through her treatments with us at a conference table in the hospital and had us sign forms to enroll her in the National Cancer Registry.

Late last night she had her first cancer treatment.

1 comment:

  1. What exactly is A. L. L.? Is it treatable/curable. Is there anything I can do to help? Donate blood...something?

    ReplyDelete