Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2013

Clinic Visit for April


Ella was in a really great mood on Tuesday.  She was being goofy for everyone- even the Doctor she had never met that did her initial vitals.  We were in and out and it was an easy day at clinic.  Her counts are looking better each time we go and she is moving in the right direction!

Aunt Carrie joined us for clinic, and right after we celebrated her 3 YEARS of Carrie being done with chemo!!!!  I took our little Cancer Butt Kickers to The Cheesecake Factory for some lunch and we went to Build A Bear to get what is hopefully Ella's last bear for a while.  She has around 50, and I seriously am out of room to put these!

In the past 2 weeks, our hospital alone has lost 3 kids to cancer.  I can not even begin to tell you how much this saddens my heart. The grief that the parents, family, doctors, nurses, and everyone involved must be feeling just brings me to tears.  The fact that Cancer has beaten not 1, but 3 more children just angers me.  I feel like there is so much attention to adult cancers, but no one wants to hear about Childhood Cancers- it's just too painful.  And that is true- It IS painful!  So, help us kick it's butt!  think about supporting Cure Search which helps to raise funds to cure and support children with cancer.

Thanks.

Blessings~Katie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ella. Hugs and love your way. I know what you mean about the kids that just passed, I've been sick over it - literally. Gearing up for Cure Search!

    ReplyDelete