Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday November 16th, 2011

Ella's thoughts on Cancer......
Ella Bella had clinic yesterday. She did well, her counts were good, which makes me feel better about her being in school all day. ANC was 2000, which is stellar. Her liver function is down to 2 times the normal level, which is way down from 8 times the normal levels. Small victory and we will take it.  She is growing. She was 3'5 tall when we started this journey and now she is up to 3'8.75". Her weight is also up to 44 pounds, and so they had to increase some of her medications.
Ella in Recovery from Spinal. Her eyes tear up from the medication.
Today her back was hurting from her spinal, she napped and fell asleep early tonight. This is how I know she really isn't feeling great.  It seems like she feels worse after each clinic visit. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow.
I forgot my camera for the first time I think. So I had to use my phone to take a few pictures. She was focused on going to Red Robin to eat when she was done. She could not eat anything till the procedure was done. She knows it is going to be a rough clinic visit if she can't eat. The first thing she asks when she hears it is a clinic visit week is "Can I eat?". All she wanted was macaroni and cheese and melon from Red Robin. It is so funny that such a little thing to focus on can just get her through it. She is so amazing. As she was drifting into twilight and I just kept smiling at her and whispering "I love you, I love you, I love you".
She is my little hero.

We did our family photos this past week. Thought I would share it with everyone.

Thank God for all your Blessings- big and small. Happy Thanksgiving.

Blessings~Katie and Family

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie. What an absolutely exquisite family photo. No family could have bluer eyes and not picture could better capture them. Ella's little frown made me frown, too.

    Praying for Ella and your whole family. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ~ Team Manning

    ReplyDelete